PWNA 06 Demo Impressions

goatroper

Granted, I'm a newbie to this biz, but I am actively looking at various products in anticipation of purchasing a complete PW rig. I went to the PWNA in Memphis last Friday and watched all the demo's. I was very impressed with some of the equipment, and very disappointed in others. Here's my take on it all (STRICTLY MY UNEDUCATED OPINION):

Steel Eagle: they demo'd a couple of their "Little Floater" surface cleaners, which were very unimpressive. Big mess, little cleaning. They also demo'd their Fury system (I believe it was the 2400DTL). Wow. Nice piece of equipment, really cleaned, great water pick-up. I am seriously considering one for my truck's bed, in addition to my trailer rig.

D E L C O: really nice guys, an incredible trailer set-up, their helpfulness in getting someone started is unbelievable. Their equipment didn't clean worth a darn, though. They spent 5 minutes on the same 10sf of concrete and it didn't look any differnet as before. Maybe they were just having a bad day, who knows. I'll definitely be checking in with them in the future, as they have a whole smorgasbord of "how-to" classes. They are hosting a show next month that'll I'll visit, hope to see better results then.

Hydro-Tek: they demo'd their contractor-grade surface cleaner. I'll take 2 please. Holy crap, this thing cleaned. Had an on-board gum shooter and water broom, to kick. All for $1195. I will definitely be getting at least 1, maybe 2. They also demo'd their smaller Hydrovac, worked really good, excellent clean-up. Limited to 100' from unit. Not bad at all.

American Made Cleaners: they went first, and spoiled the whole show for everybody. They demo'd their "Turbo Twister". All I can say is, all other companies should have just packed up and left. Nobody could touch their surface cleaner's performance. They were tied for Best of Show in my opinion.

SunBrite/CleanupAmerica: demo'd the Swabby 48 cleaning system on a loading dock, no less. Great product, cleaned and picked-up incredibly, I would love to have one. Only draw-back is the $35,000 - 80,000 price tag. Not for your everyday working man. Great demo, though. I really like their water treatment package. Chemical treatment separates waste from water, skim off the trash, let it dry, throw it away. I'm going to check that out for my rig.

WaterReseachUSA: this rig would knock the stink off of a turd, the white off of rice, etc. Incredible cleaning power. The simplicity of the set-up was, well, simple. 2 motors, 1 or 2 guns, fully adjustable psi and gpm. I really like their dual nozzle cleaner. Andy is a great guy, I'm going to be working with him to see about getting a turn-key set-up. Tied for "Best of Show".

There you have it. My opinions in a nutshell. Thanks to Regina of PWNA for allowing me to walk around.

Our Sponsors