Need A Little help

D

Dorsky01

HI All
I was just wondering if any of the experienced guys in here would be willing to speek with me through email? i have a lot of specific questions to asl and would like to get some specific answers. I any of you have the time and dont mind i would love to pick your brains. If so Drop me a line at Dorsky01@yahoo.com.
Thanks a lot guys
Later

Micah

You can email me, but if you ask the questions on the forum, they may be of use to somebody in the future. Hope I can help.

drivewaysonly

Micah said:
You can email me, but if you ask the questions on the forum, they may be of use to somebody in the future. Hope I can help.

I concur
We are here to help and meet other folks who enjoy window washing. ask away!

D

Dorsky01

MAkes sense

That is a good idea.
Alright i was using a solution that was kind of home made. I was using a srpay bottle with 1/8 cup ammonia, 1 teaspoon down dish soap and the rest watter. Well i have noticed that this is not a consistent solution as it sometimes streaks or spots so i was wondering what good solutions there are out there on the market, and if the Home Depot stuff is alright to use.

Micah

I think your problem is your spray bottle. The best way to clean windows is with a strip washer, bucket of some sort ( I prefer the wide buckets on wheels, like a painters bucket ), squegee, and lint free towels. Almost any solution will work. I'll admit, I've even used hand soap when I was in a bind. A Water Fed Pole can be used in some situations, but I believe that these are for more "advanced" window cleaners, because you still have to clean the inside the traditional way, and you're looking at around $1000 in overhead. You can purchase enough equipment to clean windows the traditional way for about $100. You can try any solution under the sun, but I think you'll still have the same results if you use a spray bottle.

D

Dorsky01

That makes sense, but i run into the problem of dripping water all over the place when i use a bucket.

Micah

I use a bucket on a belt to help with the water dripping. You can find those for about 20 dollars on any good WC supply site. When I'm cleaning house windows, I keep the water in the bucket to a minimum, and keep it as clear as possible. That way, incase it would spill, it should dry clear and not be too much of a mess. It's also easier to carry. The bucket on a belt also keeps you from going to the bucket so much. On commercial, I fill the bucket up, but I'm very careful in mopping after myself, exp. around high traffic areas. No matter how careful you are though, carry liability insurance.

Our Sponsors