Water recovery... necessary?

deckrock

There's a guy in town who doesn't recover his water. He does commercial work (store fronts, banks, etc). The business that hires him, are they responsible for making sure he's recovering the water? He does a bunch of local chain stores, we were surprised to see he isn't recovering.

This subject doesn't affect us, we just do houses and decks, but I was a bit surprised, knowing he does several thousands of dollars a month in jobs and that he hasn't been reprimanded.

grasshawg

Depends. I checked with several cities in my area before I began my business quest.
Some of the larger towns, have a storm drain and a sanitary sewer system. The storm drains are what they don't want any chemicals and dirty wash water draining into. You must recover and buy a permit from the city to dispose of your wastewater in the sanitary sewer.
Some of the smaller towns on the other hand have a combined sewer system where everything goes to the same facility to be treated. Every one of those I spoke with said to just let it run.
So, I wonder if the town their working in has a combined system.
Randy

grasshawg

Your local Commission on Environmental Quality is a good place to start. Also, check with the local water treatment facility where you will be working.
Randy

Our Sponsors