Please know what you are doing before bidding!!

CCC1

Hey ya'll. This one is for the fellow kitchen exhaust cleaners. Here is the problem I've noticed after 4 years in the business: Most so called "hood cleaners" are just that. They clean the hoods and nothing else. They give an insane low-ball bid and don't know what they are doing. Restaurant owners see this low price and it sticks in their mind, so when companies like mine, Commercial Cleaning Contractors, LLC. give proposals, the restaurant owners know 2 things: They have a low price set in their mind, and the last guys didn't do a good job. This gives us all a bad name! So please, we are not grease monkeys. This is a serious business, so lets treat it like one. Prices are going way down, and if you want to make a career out of this, the prices MUST STAY HIGH!!!! Fuel cost is ridiculous, and supplies like chemical and machine repair are more expensive than ever, too. If you want to clean kitchen exhaust systems, look for sub-contracted work from established companies. Driving prices down hurts everyone, including you!! I like making money, don't you? :burn:

Micah

Nothing personal against hood cleaners, I'm sure that the majority run a very good business. But I too had a bad experience last week. One of my window cleaning accounts had their hoods cleaned the other day. The owner said that the hood cleaner tossed the pressure washing of the sidewalk and entrance in for free! It looked like he just rinsed the concrete off; it didn't look any different. I respectfully told the owner that if the hood cleaner considered the concrete clean, he might consider finding a new hood cleaner.

Our Sponsors