quick disconnect couplings

douseahouse

i thought i would try an experiment and so far it's working great. first off, i use the plastic garden hose fittings for my connections. i bought some of the garden hose quick disconnect fittings along with the one that has a cutoff valve built into it and i have been happy with the immediate results. at the end of my 1/2" hose i have the qdc with the valve. if i am spraying chem with my plastic nozzle and want to use the wand, i simply turn off the valve on the qdc, release any pressure, pop of the nozzle and then plug in my home made wand (like the phelps) and turn the valve back on. i can also use the valve as a type of flow control. if i am ready to rinse, i have my ground man (my wife actually) switch the "y" connection at my pump to water, turn my qdc valve off, pop off the wand and then pop on the rinse nozzle. i turn the valve back on full and rinse away. these things are reasonally priced...about $2 for the fittings (2 pak) and maybe $4 for the qdc with the inline valve (you can get it without the valve but i wouldn't). after a couple of trial runs i still have not had any leaks and if i do i'll just throw them away and get another. this may be old news but i haven't heard anyone discuss it yet so i thought i would share it with you. i got everything at lowe's but i'm sure home depot has it too.

your feedback is appeciated,

rando

(qdc=quick disconnect coupling)

Our Sponsors