washer size

packpro

i am in the middle of buying my frist power washer. the type that i have been using for the past year is a honda with 3500psi at 4.5 gal a min. i have gotten used to that style and i am comfortable with them. the thing is in the barns that i am in have anywhere from 3 inches to 1 and a half foot of solid pack and it is just taking way to long to cut through all of it. my question is should i continue with the ones i have been using or upgrade to a 5.6 gal per min with 4200to 5000psi. if any one has used that large of a power whasher i would love to here your input.........thanx the pack pro

Doug T

Ken, he is cleaning hog barns, I think the "pack" is pig crap, feces, or sh*t.

Packpro, I think you need higher flow, go with an 8 gpm, 3000PSI. Try to rent one for a day and see how it does.

Doug

PressurePros

A foot and a half of solid sh*t? Wow. Man you should call that "Dirtiest Jobs" show.

I would guess having hot water (yuk) would increase your effeciency more than anything. If you are going to buy a new machine, a hot water unit would be the way to go on a farm. If you can afford an 8 gpm hot then all the better.

russ s

ken not only would it increase the efficiency but it would definatly increase the s*it smell as well [bm] [puke]

Dave Olson

We did a few hog barns and they did not want us to use very much water since all of this waste goes into ponds and may need to be treated and hauled off!

You might consider using a skid-steer to remove the heavy stuff and then maybe your unit will work better.

Dave Olson

Ps: Since I grew up on a farm the smell really was not that bad! :)

H2Ocean

PressurePros said:
A foot and a half of solid sh*t? Wow. Man you should call that "Dirtiest Jobs" show.

I guess it takes all kinds...I'm begining to like chewing gum on sidewalks right about now. PackPro...sounds like a heterosexually challenged drinking establishment.

Our Sponsors