Anybody need free help ?

StatewideFire

Greetings from Vermont ! Heres the deal, I am a suppression system contractor. I service and install fire suppression systems in kitchen hoods. I am licensed and insured, and my insurance policy also includes cleaning hoods. I would like to expand my offering to include hood cleaning, since I am already in the facility twice a year, it makes sense for me to do this. Thats the good part, and now on to the problem. I am not comfortable diving into something I have never done before. Can anybody offer an opportunity for me to tag along and help ? I am not asking for something for nothing, I am prepared to pay for the help. Any help would be appreciated. Gary

jhdcs

Hello,

I am not able to offer you any help in the hood cleaning direction as I am trying to learn myself. What I would also like to do is get involved with the fire suppression and fire inspection aspect of the job as well. I live in NY. I have been trying to contact the fire Marshall to find out if there is anything I need to do once I finish taking the course elsewhere. If there is a test I would need to take to work in NY or what. Am I doing the right things in trying to contact the fire Marshall? How can I find out the requirements for NY state?

jhdcs

StatewideFire

If you check the State of NY web site, you will not find any license requirements for fire suppression work. With that said, I do know that some of the larger New York cities do have there own licensing requirements for trades. The safest bet would be to contact officials in the communities you intend to work. Also keep in mind that you need to get training for each of the brand systems you work on, and be carefull not to try to service the brands you can not get parts for. Some manufacturers will not even talk to you unless you are a distributor and have attended the factory training. Hope this helps, and good luck.

H

Hood-Tek

Hood Cleaning Help!

StatewideFire said:
If you check the State of NY web site, you will not find any license requirements for fire suppression work. With that said, I do know that some of the larger New York cities do have there own licensing requirements for trades. The safest bet would be to contact officials in the communities you intend to work. Also keep in mind that you need to get training for each of the brand systems you work on, and be carefull not to try to service the brands you can not get parts for. Some manufacturers will not even talk to you unless you are a distributor and have attended the factory training. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Hey there,

I have a few posts you can look-up or just email me at hoodtekjoe@yahoo.com.

I currently have several hood cleaning crews in central Georgia. I have 20 years experience in hood cleaning and certification. Email me and we will talk further.

Joe

Our Sponsors