vac pump/blower

north coast

Has anyone ever built a vac system for water recover, sort of like a shop vac on steroids? We are looking to build one in place of using sludge suckers mainly to get more of the water left on the ground after washing. Would also like it to be a belt drive vac pump/blower that we can drive off of our PTO and then discharge into a 450 gallon waste tank. I have been looking for a pump/blower but have had no luck finding one.

D

Dave Ott

Roots makes them. I think Alan builds a lot of them for himself.

MR ALAN

I use a Sutorbilt blower. Roots dresser is another popular company. I had mine built for me, but will do my own next time. It is belt driven off a Kohler engine.
Unless you need tremendous vaccum for very long hose runs, and lots of lift for vacuum surface cleaners, then it is a bit overkill.

Any good carpet cleaning supply house, will have what you need. I bet mark can order them as well if you have a hard time finding some.

north coast

I did look at those and found a local company but the tanks that we use will not support a vacuum. I am going to look for a different style tank for the waste water or a different setup that will just discharge into the waste tank.

MR ALAN

You will not find a standard tank that will support any vacuum, let alone a vacuum blower.
I use a 30 gallon DOT rated drum with an internal pump that delivers the water wherever I put the hose.

north coast

Do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share? Post them or email me @ efisher.jws@covad.net I also spoke to the fine people at Fleetwash on their system, they use tanks like an air compressor along with a blower to create the vacuum, but their tanks are smaller around 150 gallons and I want something around 450 gallons.

MR ALAN

The computer with the pics is unavailable to send email for a little while. I am not well versed enough to get them off that one and put them on this one.

I think Mark sells them now, I will have to check for a link in his store.

Our Sponsors