Interior floor cleaning

Tunatussle

Looking for good cleaner/degreaser for tile
floor of fast food restaurant that has about
7 years of grease. will have to squeege and
vacuum up after cleaning as drains are in
about the same shape as the floor and walls.

Dave Olson

We would use a Pottasium Hydroxide based degreaser, surface cleaner, 3000 psi, 5-6 gpm @ 200 + degrees F. After clean you could use a acid based product to brighten the grout.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Ph 217-427-5557, Fx 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984.

Douglas Hicks

If the drains are so bad the water won't flow you might put some good degreaser down the traps the day of the job, let it work and then put hot water down the floor drain. I've done this a couple of times with tile floors, any water that goes down the drain is water you don't have to move. If the water flows, you might considor poking the pw hose down the drain and flushing the pipe. Don't push the hose far, it can get stuck! When pressure washing the floor, you can remove the grout. Cover up any electrical outlets close to floor level. I use plastic and package tape, not duct tape. Put towells or something done to prevent the water from going to the carpet. Don't wear rubber soled shoes, you are going to have a very slipery floor.

Douglas Hicks

Forget to mention, don't angle the pw nozzle down the wall to the tile, it can peel off. If you use hood cleaning chemical( I do), leave the exhaust fans on to pull the fumes away from you.

EmpirePW

If I was using a cold water machine with a 12" surface cleaner 3000 psi with 3 gpm would the Pottasium Hydroxide based degreaser still work well to clean the build up on the grout and tile of a resturaunt kitchen that hasn't been really cleaned in 2 years?

Matthew Krupitzer
Empire Pressure Washing

Originally posted by Dave Olson
We would use a Pottasium Hydroxide based degreaser, surface cleaner, 3000 psi, 5-6 gpm @ 200 + degrees F. After clean you could use a acid based product to brighten the grout.

Dave Olson

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Both ofem are pretty good stuff,try it and see,may be a need for both at one time or another.

Our Sponsors