bidding help, please.

mark66

I am not new to the use of power washing equipment, but I am very new to being in business for myself. I recently purchased a business plus brand new hotsy equipment from a friend of Mine. I work full time as a petroleum transport driver for a company that has 10 convenience stores in my town. They are the standard chevron or texaco. I told my boss that I was going to be in the power washing business and he asked if I would be interested in becoming his contract cleaner. I told him that I would provide the best service that he could get but would NOT low-ball anybody or "drop my pants" for the company. I have this deal locked up if I can competively bid these stores. If anyone wants to help a new guy, please reply. Mark Merritt.

W

wow44

Mark66,

You will probably get more of a response if you post this question in power washing forum. We do right much of this type of work. There is alot of things you need to decide and check before you bid. First do you need to have recovery for your waste water. Are you going to use hot or cold water, take a look to see how bad each location is oil, gum, dirt, etc... Gum is time consuming you need to figure all your cost gas, equipment, chems, etc... Do you have any insurance if not get it. Also find out how often will you be cleaning each location. Based on how often you can decide where your princing should start.

Michael G.
WOW

PressurePros

The first thing you are going to hear is that you need reclaim equipment. Most fly by the seat of their pants and don't use it. (mine sits in my shed as I do 90% residential work) On the other hand though most large corporations like Chevron or Texaco may want you in compliance. You can get jammed up getting caught letting your rinse water enter public sewers from a gas station. EPA has ben known to give out $10,000 fines like they were giving out candy.

Our Sponsors