Hi Guys and Gals

PackMan

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself and let everyone know what a great place I think you have here. I have been sitting on the sidelines searching, reading and taking notes. It is wonderful to have a place where people are so willing to help each other out. I hope to be to a point soon where I can give back rather than just taking as I am now. We are located in Cary, NC just a little west of Raleigh. We own and operate a commercial cleaning business and are responsible for the interior cleaning of 40 plus buildings each night, mostly banks. We have had a trailer mounted unit built with a Landa 6GPM hot water machine and a 225 gal tank. We also purchased a 24" Steel Eagle surface unit. Our plans are to pursue the residential market, concentrating on roof work but obviously trying to package house washing, drives, patios, decks, fences and so forth. We may pursue some commercial (mostly flatwork) as we grow in size and expertise.

With all that being said, I do have an immediate question (and probably many more to come.) The question is pertaining to general liability insurance. I have done searches on this board and others, but have not really come away with any definitive answers. I realize different companies write different policies in different states. For example, I contacted Farm Bureau here in NC and was told they didn't write P/W polices here. I contacted The Hartford, who carries our policy for our other company and they were very skittish about quoting us unless we assured them we would never set foot on a rooftop. I have talked to Joseph D. Walters Agency in Bethel Park, PA and they were very happy to quote us, but I have heard some negative things about them. I would appreciate any input either on the board or I would be happy to call you if you would prefer.

Again let me say how happy I am to be involved in this great profession.

Thanks,
Packman

Our Sponsors