Getting discourage

kotared

[hello] Im Trisha and Im going on my 3rd season of window cleanning the first year was going good we did houses and a few buss the second year we didnt do as many house instead I consentrated on getting bussiness but every one is saying we got someone Im keeping my eye open on some new buildings going up am I not plugging away to get like i should tell m,e something [wsmile]

Micah

Are you still doing those houses you did in the first year? If not, try to set them up on a yearly or every 6 month schedule. If your not getting the new business's, you may be either charging too much or charging too little. What kind of method do you use for cleaning windows? What kind of advertising have you done?

kotared

Still washing windows

I still have the same repeat on the houses and a hand full of bussiness but I want more bussiness and less houses to clean the bussiness are the ones Im having trouble with thanks but no thanks we have a window cleanner and that makes me shy away from even trying to Knock on the next glass door as far as addvertiising Ive been doing door to door on houses which works well again its the bussiness I want to pursue thanks Trisha [hello]

Micah

Typical conversation stopper. There's several ways of getting around this; but you have to be talking to the decision maker. One trick (after you introduce yourself, but before they have a chance to comment) "You may already have a window cleaner, but I feel that my services would benefit you because ........................." Another way to get around this is, if the windows are dirty, and they say they already have a window cleaner, ask when the last time their cleaner came by. That opens the door for you to talk about how you are prompt, which could lead to a sale. My best approach to this "i already have a window cleaner" tactic is once they tell you they have a cleaner, ask them if they're completly satisfied with the level of service they're receiving. They'll more then likely pause, which will give you the chance to ask them if they wipe up the water, do they clean all the windows, do they come on time, etc. Chances are if you can get the decision maker to talk, you can get a sale. I always sell myself on quality, not on the price. Try to make the price the last thing you talk about. If the ask you point blank, explain the price, then follow at how you arrived at that price, and the value of it. Start selling now and do not slow down tell you've got enough work.

canuck

selling your self

The easiest thing to do is like the other guy said there is to say your window cleaner sucks. If the person you are talking to has half a brain your done.
Find reasons why he needs your services without tearing the other window cleaners down.
Notice how others conduct there business.
Do they smoke on the job.
How are they dressed.
Do they interact or get in peoples way.
Do they come at proper times of the day.

Set yourself apart in these ways and use this line of thinking. You will create a dignified professional relationship instead of a kindergarden mentality I think the other guy sucks.

Our Sponsors