water recovery

firehouse

now i know you are not allowed to let water run off in the storm drains if you are using chemicals, or if you are cleaning something with oil or gas stains which would cause the water to become contaminated but what if you are just washing off a sidewalk lets say infront of a stripmall where the only thing on the walk is just some dirt? there is nothing that would be in the water to contaminate it so it would be the same as a running a water hose with fresh water to rinse something off. my question is do you have to recover the water even if it is not contaminated? thanks for the help

Steven
Firehouse Pressure washing

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
My understanding of the Clean Water Act:
Is NOTHING down the styorm drain except storm water!

firehouse

that was what i thought, but how do the street washers allow all of the water that they use to flow down the strom drains and nothing is said to them.

CaroliProWash

Ohhhhh......you can't go there (LOL but not really) Ever noticed that the fire department can flush hydrants all day and that's okay too? The Government allows what they want to....street cleaners are part of municipal government agencies therefore rules do not apply to them. Sucks.

Celeste

north coast

I once watched a fire department wash down a parking lot at a gas station after a fuel spill with a fire hose. They first put down oil dry swept it up and then rinsed everything to a drain.

firehouse

yea if you can all tell by the name I am a full time firefighter and we flush approx 1,500 hydrants twice a year. lots of water down the drains. I guess it is just like everything else in life rules only apply to certain people

jetstream1

CaroliProWash said:
Yes there are.....and we can all meet face to face in February at our Round Table :)

Celeste
Celeste can you give me some info on the round table I might have to take a trip up thanks Mark

MR ALAN

firehouse said:
we flush approx 1,500 hydrants twice a year. lots of water down the drains.

Kinda like these

Attachments

• VC FIRE Washdown2resize.jpg
    VC FIRE Washdown2resize.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 315
  • VCFIRE Wash Downresize.jpg
    VCFIRE Wash Downresize.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 270

firehouse

R L S I am located in the small town of waxhaw NC, town boarders the SC line near lancaster county. about 35 min from charlotte, 30 min from concord so preaty good location to hopefully find enough work to keep me busy.

R L S

FireHouse,
Good deal man. There is always work you just gotta find it. I am in the Fayetteville area. Give me a call some time if you need help
Top Notch Pressure Washing Inc.
919-478-1979

firehouse

R L S ohh yea the military town of NC, go up there about 3 time a year to visit girlfriends family.

Steven
Firehouse pressure washing

CaroliProWash

Daughter's ex-boyfriend's family lives in Waxhaw :)

Round Table info in a nutshell:

Date: Saturday, Feb 10th
Where: Pure Texture Facility in Greensboro, NC
Time: 8:30 until ?
Cost: $30.00 per person

You can email me (prowash2@triad.rr.com) to register or look at GrassRootsEvents.org to see more details, register and look at other educational events/Round Tables coming up early next year.

Celeste

R L S

Hey why you still posting here but not on TGS I caught you!
I knew you couldnt post any where at all till after C-mas!! [white]

cherokeejd04

Hey, I know someone who power washes part time in the summer and is not licensed. He says that because he is not licensed the government won't find out he is not recoverying his water. Does anyone know if this is true? How do they catch you?

MR ALAN

cherokeejd04 said:
Hey, I know someone who power washes part time in the summer and is not licensed. He says that because he is not licensed the government won't find out he is not recoverying his water. Does anyone know if this is true? How do they catch you?

Doesn't matter as they do not work off a "list" of washers. They work by companies that get service done, in particular ones that create the most environmental issues. Have a competitior that is not happy with you, they may turn you in. Have neighbors of a place that you do work at and they are not happy for any reason, they may turn you in.

FCPWLLC

It doesn't even have to be a contract cleaner either. If a restaraunt owner tells his dish washing labor to go out and clean the drive-thru and is caught discharging improperly, FINE!

Our Sponsors