Need WaterWash Hood help?

WaterWashMan

Hello, I have been in the Water Wash Hood and Fire Suppression system Control Diagnostics and Repair business for the past 17+ years. I have done alot of diagnostics and repairs for Duct Cleaning companies and would like to extend my service and expertise to all of you that may need some help from time to time. I am trained and qualified to perform service and diagnostics on Gaylord, Avtec, Greitzer, AquaMatic and Carroll ventilator systems. Most of the logic, throughout all manufacturers is the same, so i can help you with just about any system that you have problems with. Based in central Illinois, but do travel throughout the entire country.

I can be reached at woodlandmechanical@sbcglobal.net

Dave Olson

Tell me more about you WaterWashMan.

We have a few water wash systems that we clean and sometimes work on.

Dave Olson

WaterWashMan

Woodland Mechanical Services, Inc.

Thanks for your interest , Dave. I , for 7 years, had worked for Avtec Industries as a Technical Support Rep and Field Installation Supervisor. Seeing that there was a strong demand for Service Reps that specialized in and solely concentrated on Ventilation Controls, Fire Systems and Energy Distribution, I ventured out to start my own business. 10 years later, my business is going strong and I have since developed strong relationships with several other manufacturers, other than Avtec. Because the average service company concentrates on the actual cooking equipment, ie; Ranges, Ovens, Fryers, etc.. and are intimidated by the the operations and technology of control systems, the need for our expertise is continuously growing. I have found that there are very few companies that are confident enough to walk into a problemed jobsite with an open mind and the confidence to show the customer what is really wrong. We work as an individual contractor, as well as a subcontractor for companies that want to maintain an exclusive relationship with their customers. We are located in St. Charles, Illinois (40 miles West Of Chicago), yet travel nationwide. We have customers as far west as in Portland Oregon and as far east as in New York City. You can call me, anytime, at (630) 587-9233 or email @ woodlandmechanical@sbcglobal.net.

Jerry Polka
President
Woodland Mechanical Services, Inc.

D

Dave Ott

I haven't seen a washwater system that works yet around here. They are not fun to clean when they have been neglected for years by other companies.

Douglas Hicks

My limited experience with water wash is they do not work very well even when they do work. At present I am only cleaning one water wash. The world's largest fire suppression company took all the other work away from us. Of course they do not even look at the water wash. Last cleaning, the mgr asked if we could work on the water wash again. Our last water wash service service was 1 1/2 years ago and they complained about the price of that service. Those plugged nozzles add up when you replace 52 nozzles @ $36.00 each! This time I fixed the water wash at not charge. I told the dishwasher to put some chemical in the tank.

Jerry, it is odd that you service water wash in Portland, as Gaylord is located in Tualitan, suburb of Portland. And I know there are companies here in Oregon that are Gaylord distributors. I added your name to my list of water wash suppliers.

Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

Last edited:

Douglas Hicks

My limited experience with water wash is they do not work very well even when they do work. At present I am only cleaning one water wash. The world's largest fire suppression company took all the other work away from us. Of course they do not even look at the water wash. Last cleaning, the mgr asked if we could work on the water wash again. Our last water wash service service was 1 1/2 years ago and they complained about the price of that service. Those plugged nozzles add up when you replace 52 nozzles @ $36.00 each! This time I fixed the water wash at not charge. I told the dishwasher to put some chemical in the tank.

Jerry, it is odd that you service water wash in Portland, as Gaylord is located in Tualitan, suburb of Portland. And I know there are companies here in Oregon that are Gaylord distributors. I added your name to my list of water wash suppliers.

WaterWashMan

We Go Anywhere

A few of the manufacturers send us anywhere and everywhere to do Startups of new equipment and / or Warranty repairs. We also do an awful lot of conveyor and energy distribution work.

WaterWashMan

Thanks Doug!

Very true, most systems are not maintained and they are very seldom found to be operational. 99% of the time, the low level detergent indicator is burnt out becaue the detergent is never replenished. As for the spray nozzles, unless it is completely fossilized with minerals, you usually can get away with removing and cleaning with a small paper clip and putting it back in. I carry a jug of detergent that is full of used nozzles that I swap out during P.M.'s. Its less time consuming to replace with an already clean nozzle, rather than take the time to clean in the field.

Douglas Hicks

I have tried to clean the nozzles w/a paper clip, the dull end of a drill bit, a blast of air and found that does not do a very good job. I now toss the plugged nozzle in the same jug the plugged fire suppression system nozzles go into. That jug is filled w/a mild degreaser. Then I just exchange the plugged nozzle with a clean nozzle. If I am changing nozzles in a system that has not been serviced for some time, I pull the last nozzle out of the pipe, and turn on the water wash. Make sure you close the access door. That seems to flush most of the junk out of the system.

Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

Our Sponsors