found a good job/dont know what to charge !

Jeremy Crites

I was recently contacted by a large company,that is building a road through my area. the man wanted me to clean thier equipment and charge them on an hourly rate. I guess my question is,what is a fair price? I have a very small outfit so it is easy for me to make a profit, but at the same time I don't want to be to low either. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by Jeremy Crites:
I was recently contacted by a large company,that is building a road through my area. the man wanted me to clean thier equipment and charge them on an hourly rate. I guess my question is,what is a fair price? I have a very small outfit so it is easy for me to make a profit, but at the same time I don't want to be to low either. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by hotwaterwisard:
What rate do you charge normally for flat work? $65.00per hour is the going rate in calif. Don't forget to add in your cost for gas, diesel, and chemicals.

M

Mike@Everclear

Dont bid too low.....even though you can afford to work cheap now and still make a profit, it will not always be that way. As your business grows, so will your overhead.

My point is, if you want to continue to do work for this customer in the future, you would need to charge more. Its not easy to raise rates once you're working for someone.

But, if this is a one-shot deal, then price it reasonably so you get the job and make some money at the same time. Good luck.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Jeremy, We charge $95.00 for the first hour and $65.00 for each additional hour. The first hour rate will give back your startup cost such as gas,chems; water, etc.
Ron/Xterior

Dave Olson

Hi Jeremy,

We clean heavy equipment at a coal mine usually once per month. We charge on a time & material basis. Work can only be done on Sundays, we haul our own water. Currently using a 3 man crew. Billing to the customer is usually just under $1000 for a days work.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Our Sponsors