Contractor (Pressure Wash) Insurance

wanderer

I began my pressure washing career this past June on a PT basis. I plan to be involved on a fulltime basis by next summer. I need insurance but I am reluctant to pay an excessive amount of money for insurance while I am only averaging about one job a month. Any suggestions? I know the importance of insurance.
PS: I could get more work - I am purposely taking it slow until I learn the job. I did not realize how complicated and interesting pressure washing was until I got involved. I am going to concentrate on flat surfaces. Not in love with heights.

------------------

JR Wood

I think I pay $640 per year for $500,000 liability with erie insurance.At first they quoted me $240 because they had classified me as a mobile car wash then when I got there they switched me over to painting contractor because they do not have a specific category for pressure washing yet.Any way wait until spring and go in and get on the installment plan.I pay $161 every 3 months I think you can go monthly too which would bring you to $55 bucks a month
or so you should be able to swing that.

------------------

Rob Blair

Hi Wanderer,

Check with some local insurance agents and compare
coverage and costs. It is likely they won't vary to much. One million in libility is a comon coverage. We have it on two busineses. The cost for our power wash business is 374.00 a year. This includes the following:

2 mil. aggregate
1 mil. each occurance
50,000 fire damage
5,000 medical expense

------------------

T

Target P/W

Hey, I must be getting screwed. I am going through a broker in Ontario. With 1 million liability, my truck ins. etc. I am up to $180.00 per month.

Good topic, I'll be looking elsewhere.

------------------

JR Wood

The cost of your insurance all depends on where you live, where you work, where your equipment is being stored, etc...etc...etc.You will get variations in price.I live in Pennsylvania and work in New Jersey,but my equpment is stored at my house so I saved a bundle.New Jersey is a very expensive insurance state.

------------------

Our Sponsors