Health Insurance

MILLEER

What do all of you do for health insurance? Do you have individual or group policies? Does anyone have insurance through PWNA (or any other association), and if so how is it?

I'm only able to find individual policies that can be limiting.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

------------------
E. Miller
Miller Mobile Power Wash

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
It would be wonderful if we could all come together and organize a great group policy. This is why we need and organization that would assist in doing this. I have been told the pwna does have something but you can negotiate and get a better deal personally. I don’t know if that’s true I have not belong to pwna and will be joining in February. I’m also curious to know if the beni’s are worth it or not. I have insurance I’m happy with but always can pay less.

Lets get and organization going, how many would be interested in a great group policy that could save us all money and give everyone the insurance they deserve. Lets get it going it would take more than two people being interested. This would be just one aspect of the organizations function. Many many more?

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

PUREPOWER

Ron,
I am a member of PWNA for my second year now. I have found that people(potential or existing clients) find it impressive. Power washing is still kind of unknown in the Pittsburgh area. It's a great time to be in it.

I left a restaurant management job of 10 years with full family benes paid for and a salary in the 50's.
Now I carry my own insurance for me and the kid, wife has it through her job. It is rather expensive, but I gotta have them. If we could get together and obtain lower cost ins., I would be interested.

By the way, I stepped away from a walk in the park job to full time in April '00. Never looked back. The self satisfaction of owning my own business is worth it's weight in gold. What I'm saying is, any "part-timers" out there, step of of the bridge and just do it. It's
not that high of a bridge.

My 2 pence.

Jordan
PUREPOWER HIGH PRESSURE CLEANING

------------------

Scott Stone

Most employee leasing companies offer some kind of group plan. It is usually pretty inexpensive, relative to a single policy. They will also do all of your payroll taxes, W-2's, etc. The people that I have talked with charge about $40 a month per employee, But the savings on insurance makes it work.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

rvagnoni

The PWNA does not offer any kind of health insurance. The reason I was told is because it is "a nonprofit association"...Go figure!

I carry my own individual plan for myself. Fortuantly, I am single so the costs are low. Keep in mind it also. If you are self employed you can write part of the payments off. Here in PA I believe it's 60% deductible.

If you guys are really interested in putting something together...I'm in! Let me know!

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus
If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all. -- Michelangelo

J

Jim&Shirley

We would be Intrested, if Affordable,Right Now We Do Not Have Any, and we have a 15yr old who has to go to doctor tomorrow,We pay out of Pocket and as we all know its not cheap, just cant afford what eveybodys wanting at this time, orginzation, or group policy sounds great,!!!

JIM & SHIRLEY

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jim&Shirley (edited January 16, 2001).]

AranServices

We have a company policy for Aran with Blue Cross & Blue Sheild PPO - I'm a diabetic with asthma and it cost me under $200.00 a month! I see a doctor in office twice a month & it cost me $15.00 a visit.

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!

Ken @ Pro-Coat

I have had an accident policy with "Mutual Of Omaha" for over 5 yrs. now. It covers medical bills for injuries on/off the job. Under $80.00 a quarter(every 3 months).And when I've had a claim, their right there with payment/reimbursement. I'm sure they have full medical policies available. Might want to give them a call and get a quote.

------------------

Dan S

i will stick to my own..........but thanks for asking..

------------------
ISN'T LIFE GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE LORD !!!!!!

Our Sponsors