Rate To Charge Customers

lgldsr73

Greetings,

Hope everyone is well. I was laid off last April and funds are getting tight. Despite having sent out a great deal of resumes I am getting nowhere.

Having said that, I recently purchased a Rigid 3300PSI power washer with a CAT pump. While I could not compete on an industrial / commercial level, I could (or am hoping) that I'd be able to do residential work. Gutters, patios, etc.

For those earning a living at this, are you charging by the hour or by the job, and how much?

Stating the obvious I would assume that I should carry insurance, lest I blow a hole through someone's vinyl siding...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
Many thanks - this is very helpful to say the least. Is that minimum for residential, commercial, or both?

Residential only, and it is for jobs within a 10 mile driving distance of my immediate service area....for longer travel distances that charge of course goes up.

Commercial Accounts are a total different ball game....all depends on if they are wanting a one time cleaning or if they are going on maintenance, if I have other clients in their area, scope of work, etc etc....

Also, When you get a chance please fill in your signature line. You can do this by going to the top of the page and Click on Settings, on the left side of the page, under My Settings, click on Edit Signature, and fill in your name, company name, phone number, and web site address if you have one, and then click Save Signature.

It's a little forum rule we have to help us identify each other.

Our Sponsors