Downstreaming trouble with 8gm pressure washer. Help!

ElitePW

Ok, I'm having trouble downstreaming with my 8gpm @ 3,500psi pressure washer. I guess for downstreaming, the fewer gpm's, the better? If I'm thinking right, with 8gpm machine vs a 5gpm machine, my chemical is diluted more correct? I've tested my machine with the black tip, my foamer, and various other low pressure tips and the fastest rate I can get is 1 quart of 12% bleach in 45 seconds. So that's only 1 quart to every 6 gallons of water passing through my hose. That is obviously too weak to clean a house. I need more like 1 gallon bleach to every 5 gallons water. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make my downstream work? I just ordered a X-Jet M-5 #13.5 yesterday, should be delivered tomorrow. That's the only thing I can think of that will work for me right now, and hopefully it works like they say. I believe with it, I can achieve a 2.4:1 ratio @ 8gpm according to a chart I looked at. I would still like to downstream if possible so I don't have to carry around that heavy bucket everywhere I go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Here are my specs if you need them:
One or Two Gun Hot Water Horizontal Skid High Pressure Washer
8 GPM @ 3,500 psi with one gun, 4 GPM at 3,500 with two guns
General Pump TSF2221 with 3 Belt Pump/Engine Sheaves
30Hp Kohler with Electric Start Gasoline Engine

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
There are other downstream injectors available, do you know the make and model
of your injector? Can you post a picture of it?

ElitePW

SAM_0471.jpgSAM_0472.jpgSAM_0473.jpgSAM_0470.jpg

Here are the pics, that's the best I could get. There's not any numbers or brand names anywhere on the injectors. Mark, do you sale these? If you have one that will work with my machine, let me know....I'm ready to buy! One that has metering tips or has a variable setting on it would be great. Thanks!

ElitePW

I normally use a 150' hose and sometimes more if needed to total 300' maximum. But when I've tried downstreaming, I've only used 150' with no results. I tried different nozzle sets, no nozzle, you name it I've tried it. I'm sure my injectors would probably work if I had both guns going at the same time because it'd be 4gpm vs 8gpm @ 1 gun. The problem is, I normally work alone so that would do no good!

Doug Rucker

PWN ADMIN TEAM -
Staff member
I normally use a 150' hose and sometimes more if needed to total 300' maximum. But when I've tried downstreaming, I've only used 150' with no results. I tried different nozzle sets, no nozzle, you name it I've tried it. I'm sure my injectors would probably work if I had both guns going at the same time because it'd be 4gpm vs 8gpm @ 1 gun. The problem is, I normally work alone so that would do no good!

You have 2 choices.....

1) Add a 50 foot hose to end of your 150ft hose and place your DS injector between the 150ft hose and the 50 Ft hose. So basically your 50 foot hose is the hose attaching to the gun. Now when you draw chemical, it is only drawing from 50 feet of hose as opposed to 150. But you'll have to move your bucket some and only have 50 feet of movement either side of the bucket.

2) Call Mark at Easy Clean 916.638.0828 and order yourself 3 or 4 DS injectors that are rated 2.1 at 3-5gpm. That is the injector I use to draw through 200 feet at 8gp. I always keep 3 or 4 on hand cause they eventually go out. Just a cost of doing business.

BTW I was born in Pensacola and went PJC for a year. Have lot's of family there.

ElitePW

Thanks for the info, I'll get it figured out. Yea, I just started my business here in Pensacola in May. I've lived here for 4 years and the job I had wasn't paying the bills so I chose this route. It's been okay for my first year, I expect next year to take off. I do great work and have great reviews. If your family needs some cleaning, let me know! Thanks again!

Our Sponsors