how much extra do YOU charge for elevated decks?

M

Mike@Everclear

I'm curious what everyone else charges for doing elevated decks, lets say 8 or 9 feet off the ground. How much more if there is no stairs also?

I always charge more, but I have no mathematical figure for it....I just do what I feel is right. Depends on what is under the deck also..... (i.e. ... concrete pad, etc)

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

G

Greg - GCR PowerClean

Hey Mike,

I typically charge 25% more on elevated decks (anything that requires us to use ladders). If it is elevated without stairs we charge $50 additional for the hassle of climbing up and down ladders. If there's alot of prep work involved in protecting whats under the deck (concrete, gravel, etc...) we charge an additional fee as well. Typically we apply sealers with an airless so we don't get to many runs that we have to worry about.

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

M

Mike@Everclear

Hey Chris,

Aren't 80% of the decks in your area elevated anyway? If so, it would be somewhat of a norm for you.

Do you spray the outside rails when standing on the deck and leaning over? or do you do it from a ladder? I have done both, depending on the deck and it's surroundings.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors