Dual line pressure washer

R

Rick

WISARD, I'm thinking of buying a new dual-line washer,This machine has a 20 hp engine 10 gpm 5000psi. Capisity of 2 hoses to be used at one-time from the same machine. My question; is the investment wise and will this pump hold-up or be more of a headace than it's worth? If a machine like this is phesible it would help out my work-load,But sounds complicated to repair if pump or un-loader gives us problems...I respect you & your input on this and any info will be greatly apreciated....Thanks....Rick...R&R.....PS.When 2 lines are being used at the same time ech line recives 2500 psi & 1 line recives 5000 psi........

H

hotwaterwisard

I have worked on these machines and the unloader is always giving problems. Is it a hot water washer or a cold water. You can make your own machine with one 20hp engine and 2 pumps and seperate unloaders. It would be easy to work on but, you would be limited to 4gpm at 2500psi on both pumps unless you went with a bigger engine. My idea is to get a small car engine that runs and use it on a pressure washer. The noise would be way less and horsepower never a problem.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

R

Rick

Originally posted by hotwaterwisard:
I have worked on these machines and the unloader is always giving problems. Is it a hot water washer or a cold water. You can make your own machine with one 20hp engine and 2 pumps and seperate unloaders. It would be easy to work on but, you would be limited to 4gpm at 2500psi on both pumps unless you went with a bigger engine. My idea is to get a small car engine that runs and use it on a pressure washer. The noise would be way less and horsepower never a problem.

Wisard, It's a hot water unit.Car engine hu might be worth looking into as far as the horse power is concernd.. might be less expencive too!! Both pumps for under $600 engine under a-grand. the unit I'm looking at coast around $7900.00 on a skid Thanks...Rick...

Dave Olson

Our pump is kind of unorthodox. If you click on this URL you should see a picture of it. http://www.tps-inc.com/wheatly2.jpg

We use a Baird bypass relief valve. Located in the lower right part of the picture. We use this to adjust the pressure that we want. Since the pump returns all water to a surge tank (that does not go out the wand) we can select any tip size!

We can run up to 3 lines off of this Wheatley pump (usually run only 2). We currently are using 1-1/8â€￾ plungers running at 485 rpm. As long as the tips sizes do not exceed a total of 10 we can maintain adjusted pressure. For example when we run two wands each wand uses a 4.5 tip or smaller. If we are only using one line then we can use up to a number 10 tip and still maintain 3000 psi or whatever pressure we have set with the Baird valve.

This pump is run by a 20 hp 220 3-phase motor. The other thing that is different with this setup than others is that when we are operating hot our pump runs hot! Because of this we are never concerned about allowing the pump to run for extended periods of time (without spraying) since we don’t need to worry about the pump overheating!

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

H

hotwaterwisard

You will have a big machine that works like a clock if you use say a car engine a 4000watt generator two TS2021 General pumps and two burners. The thing will be awsome. If you know how to put it together it will cost about $6000.

------------------

H

hotwaterwisard

that looks unconventional but I'll bet it kicks. How hard is it to get parts for they look like uncommon parts?

------------------

Dave Olson

Hi John,

Parts for the Wheatley are not a problem. We use a distributor in southern Illinois.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Richard

Hey Mister Wizard,
you mentioned using an automobile enginge.
you mean something like a 4 cylinder? how about an old ford v6, its about the same lenght as a 4 banger, I'm kind of intreged you got my couriosity now , I'v got a tandem trl with a set of 6,000 # axels under it,I'd really like to hear more about this, please talk to me via e-mail.
Best regards,
smile.gif

Richard

H

hotwaterwisard

You can use any engine you want to as long as you use a radiator and fan for cooling just like you do in a car. Also use the existing water pump and alternator and voltage regulator. You won't need the trany or clutch. Use a throttle cable instead if a peddal and the choke is probably automatic. The pump rpm is the most critical thing, Do not excede the manufactures recomended rpm. you can use different pulleys to gear it to the rpm you need. You can add a generator to it too. Any size you want.

------------------

HI-Pressure

Just a small note. We just built a small pressure wash rig that has four udor hydraulic driven pumps. Currently are running a Perkins 45hp turbo diesel. It is by far the smoothest running system I have ever seen. The diesel runs a hydraulic pump which drives hydraulic motors on the pumps. The nice thing about this is we are using flow actuated unloaders and can adjust the pressure from the pump with out changing tips by operating a flow control at the hydraulic motor. It was not a cheap rig but I bet the life expectancy is going to be incredible. Also in the process of installing a solenoid for each pump which will make each pump start and stop instead of bypassing all the time. Hope it works!

Hi-Pressure Solutions
Daren Marshall

Our Sponsors