Roof Rumor

Randy

I was on the PWNA web site earlier and i came across a company wanting to sell a roof cleaner, on their site they state that roof industry experts say that every time you put chlorine on a roof you take 6 years of life off that roof. I have never heard that beforehas any body else heard that. i kinda feel that they are saying that to get you to buy their product. Any input?

Shane Clardy

Randy ,
I'm not an expert but I bet someone is selling product . Only because I have A tech sheet on roof discoloration from certainteed that recomend using a house hold bleach recipe to kill the algae and mold .

I haven't been to the web site but if the cleaner is NEW-AGAIN it does work great, I used the bleach on a white roof that had a black streak stain . Sprayed on and let dry and the stain disapered very happy customer

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Shane Clardy on April 23, 2000 ]</font>

Kevin

Hey Randy! On the Owens Corning website they recommend a recipe of one cup trisodium phospate,, 1-2.5 gallons of bleach, and 1.5 gallons of water. Owens Corning is probably one of if not THE main manufacturers of shingle roofs. I havent even got to clean a roof yet, I'm having trouble getting $$$$$ out of the folks in my town. As a matter of fact, I tried to do a freebie and that was declined. See ya later.
boom.gif

Broke and Hungry in Louisiana
Kevin

G

Glenn

Randy,
Some food for thought: I had a roof I was going to clean for a family member that was black streaked bad with mold and mildew. Before I could do it, we had a bad storm a couple of weeks ago that blew several shingles off the roof. The insurance company is paying to have the roof replaced. Now, If I had washed that roof using near zero pressure like we do, don't you know they would have thought the pressure washing would have loosened the shingles or something contributing to the damage????
Glenn

Our Sponsors