Another Pricing?

K

Ken

Me again,I also have to bid on a 14'by 70'Mobile home.Any ideas on what to bid on this would be very helpful..(very new at this)does it show??
smile.gif

p.s. forgot to ask what type of cleaner is best to use to wash it?

Thanks again,Ken

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Ken on May 05, 2000 ]</font>

H

hotwaterwisard

You could bid this job by the hour. How long will it take? My guess is under two hours. $65per hour I would do the bid at $150 and let them jew you down to $125 . Keep in mind I am not a Contract Cleaner, Get more opinions first.

A

AranPressureWashing

Originally posted by Ken:
Me again,I also have to bid on a 14'by 70'Mobile home.Any ideas on what to bid on this would be very helpful..(very new at this)does it show??
smile.gif

Thanks again,Ken

&lt;FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial"&gt;[This message has been edited by Ken on May 05, 2000 ]&lt;/font&gt;

I start single wides for $60. & double wides for $80.00. That does not include any wood steps or decks or no roof or drip gutters. It's just 4 sides. I use a basic housewash & add a little free rinse fleet wash to it! I make a point to steam rinse all of the windows! Gets them nice & clean!

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

do about 25 mobile homes a year, price is standard, $110 single wide, $145 double wide. Price goes up for any extra's or extra funky exterior. Remember, let the chemicals do the work, these things are easily damaged, especially the metal siding types. Very flimsy.

Craig

M

Mike@Everclear

I would try to get the kind of money that craig is talking about. In my area, I can't seem to get more then $100.....because of competition. Usually I just don't do them, and let the other guys work for dirt. But, if I remember correctly, you said you have very little competition up there.....so go for it!

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

K

Ken

You remember correctly Mike,thats the best part of this(competition if any is two hours away,most wouldn't consider them because their fee would be so high for travelling here etc.)so the potential for the pressurewashing business in this town for us is great.The downside is i have no experience and want to be good at this. Now your all probably wondering why i don't take a course,(answer is :doesn't seem to be any around here, if there is i sure can't find any :(... This bb has been a great source of information for us.. would've been completely lost without it..

Thanx to all of you for taking the time to help me out and answer my question.
smile.gif

Kathy(Kens wife)

spraymasters

Ken, I would be careful and look at the siding first. Some of those mobile homes are metal with all the nice black streaking etc. Real B@#^&* to get cleaned. Gloria and I charge anywhere from $85 to $125 depending on what we have to use to clean it. For the real dirty ones with the black streaking we have to brush and use the Gutter Zap "see Xterior above" on them and charge the higher price. Others we just shoot it with the housewash stuff and pressure wash off. Good luck!
Dennis

------------------
Living Life On the Edge Makes Us Dizzy...WE LOVE DIZZY!

Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

M

Mike@Everclear

If you use Gutter Zap on siding, make sure it is dilluted properly....

2 to 1 for gutters, but on siding you want to dillute it further, perhaps 10 to 1.
Also, don't let it dry on glass.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

spraymasters

Hey Mike, We have actually used the gutter zap full strength on the tough trailers. It works great. But like you said make sure the windows are either protected or you wash the stuff of immediately. We presoak with water then rinse after brushing. We dip the brush in and lay it up there and brush brush brush if needed.
smile.gif

Dennis

------------------

spraymasters@hotmail.com

M

Mike@Everclear

Dennis/Glo,

I made that suggestion based on an experience I had with Gutter Zap while washing an aluminum sided home. I did not have it dilluted enough for doing the siding, and it stripped the paint right off of two windows. Both of these windows get alot of direct sunlight, so I'm sure the finish was pretty weak to start with, but nonetheless, I screwed them up. Luckily, the customer was cool about it.

I guess my point is, start out weak, you can always make it stronger.....but once you do something like I did, you can't take it back.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

S

Steve@STATELINE P/W

On average we charge $60 to $75 for single wide and $150 for double wide. It's all depending on the siding and size of the unit to be cleaned.

K

Ken

All your help has givin me a pretty good idea on what to charge.I told the person 100.00 and he said ok, the hardest part is when I finally feel good about a price and it's time to tell the person, I start second guessing myself ( Is it to high, Is it to low) guess maybe that comes from being new at this? Anyway the trailer isn't that dirty(no black streaks) so I won't need a brush this time, but i guess i should get one for when I do.Is there a particular brush that works better (or safer) than others?

Thanx again, Ken and Kathy

spraymasters

Ken, get you one of the soft car or RV brushes. It holds alot of chem when you put it up there. Don't have to keep going back to the bucket that way. When you do the mobile home check your time from set up to break down. If the total job takes you 2 hours you are right on target. You want around $50 an hour. After you can adjust if you don't get that. Just my little 2 cents worth.
smile.gif

Dennis

------------------

spraymasters@hotmail.com

G

Glenn

Guess I'm to cheap. I've been charging $50.00 for singles and $100.00 for doubles. About an hour on singles and 2 on doubles. Go figure!
Glenn

Jon

Question to all of you,

I put in a bid to Denny's the other day, all exterior sidewalks, trash area and grease holding area.

My bid was $150, for one store, $125 for all in district.

Do you think that was to high or fair, I ask as someone came in and bid, are you ready for this, well are you???

$80.00 to do all that, appox. hour and half to two hours work. Remember I work alone so time is different if you are a team.

If any of you do any Denny's what are you charging, if you wish to not post your price would you kindly Email it to me?

Thanks,

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Bryan

Ken, depends on how detailed you intend to clean the mobile home. A minimum of 2 hrs at 60.00 per hr. It should not take you more than 2 hours. Bryan
Originally posted by Ken:
smile.gif

Thanks again,Ken

&lt;FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial"&gt;[This message has been edited by Ken on May 05, 2000 ]&lt;/font&gt;

M

Mike@Everclear

Jon,

Never done a Denny's, but offhand, your price sounds fair.

I gave an estimate for $690 the other day to clean and seal a deck......the so-called competition came in at $375!!!! At that rate, he will be out of business in no time, and so will your $80 dollar friend.

Denny's will probably call you in a couple of months......stick to your guns.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors