Need insurance advice BAD!

Kevin

Guys it always seems like I need something so why not ask for one more thing. Im not pleased with my insurance co. that I went with for liablity insurance. The insurance was recommended to me by a pressure washing co. that has their own board and starts with a D.(ha ha ha )I mailed my down payment March 9 and still havent received my policy. Can any of you guys recommend a GOOD insurer thats fair on prices and has better service. I called the other day about my policy and the lady kind of got sassy with me on the phone.......WRONG! Thanks

Shawn Perkins

Kevin,

The co. you are talking about is great.
If you have any questions talk to the
main man.He has been involved in pressure
washing for many years and knows more
about this field than alot of us.

Also if you have a claim they will
not turn there back on you!

Good luck

M

Mike@Everclear

Kevin,

The above "insurance company" did take a while to get my policy to me too ( I just switched to them in Feb 2000) However, the office staff there has always been friendly and promply responded to any requests I had.

Give it a second chance, everyone has a bad day every now and then ("sassy"). You might be able to find another insurance agency, but not one with half of the experience and dedication to our industry.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Mike@Everclear on May 24, 2000 ]</font>

Tony Ward

Kevin,

I appreciate what the others have said about how good this comany apparently is but I have to agree with you also. Waiting almost three months for your policy is ludicrous. Why not contact someone locally? It also might be easier to deal with any situations that might arise. Find out how many years they have been in business, do they insure other businesses similar to yours, and get some references. Also check the BBB and/or the Chamber of Commerce on them.

You don't want to end up with someone who's as tough as nails getting to pay if you ever have a claim.

I've been with my current provider for 5 years and they never fail to PROMPTLY please. They are constantly sending out Certificates of Insurance for me and the one time I did have a claim, they took care of it immediately and my rates didn't go up the next year.

You might start by checking your yellow pages or by asking your auto or home insurance agent for any recommendations.

Even though many states do not require owner/operators to carry workman's comp on themselves I would do it anyway. Many commercial customers to not know this and it may make a difference in how many of these accounts you get. Certainly when you have your insurance company fax your Certificate of Liability to the prospect it will make an impression if they don't receive any from the competition.

Tony

G

Glenn

Kevin,
I'm getting ready to switch my insurance to the one you are refering to when my current policy runs out in Nov. I think you should stick with them, just my opinion.
Glenn

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I would stay local. I don't know much about them. I have heard communication problems from others. Not what you need when you are down. If you stay local, you will find it easier to contact your rep.

Just a thought, make you own educated choice after you research.

Good luck.
icon17.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Kevin

Thanks guys for all the opinions; I love opinions. I just would like that policy and not the binder sitting in front of me. It only took them 3 days to get my $$$$! Im ready to show some commercial customers the insurance policy also and not just the binder. Hope I get it soon!Thanks again. If I couldnt come here and feed my brain some info every night, Id be sad!

Expert

After 20 years in business, I have to ask the question a different way.
If I hired a subcontractor or vendor, what would I think if they put me on their "Pay no mind list"? OR, if you took a customers money and didn't follow through, should you be surprised if they move on?
And... are we all getting competitive quotes before signing on with this "Industry Leader"?
Frankly, I don't know which company is under discussion (maybe someone could email me details) so this is simply an observation.

------------------
Dave Simpson
"90% of Customer Problems Can be Preempted by Excellent Communication and Organization."

D

David l Saulque

Keep it local, your buz. depends on the local people-who knows you might get a new customer out of it.

------------------

Our Sponsors