New old post, spare parts listl

Jon

I have read all of your replies and not one of them had the most important thing listed.

This is for all of us, yes ME TOO, how many of you take the time to get Red Cross First Aid training?

There was not one mention of a "FIRST AID KIT", to me that should be the number one item, sure it is not a tool, not a spare part yet it is the number one spare kit you need.

say you are installing your spare unloader and you cut yourself badly, well? before you can even take yourslef to the hospital or doctor you need to stop that bleeding right?

Get in your truck and open up that first aid kit and do what you need to do, then go get medical attention.

I recommend all of us take a Red Cross First Aid course once a year, the price is not much and it could save your life or an employees.

Yes I have had many years of first aid training, winter backpacking experience, scuba diving, motorcyle riding and a few other dangerous sports.

I love living on the wild side, only thing slowing me down is the wife would like to have me around a few more years.

Now guys n gals, a first aid kit is a very important part of your spare parts kit.

Oh and a fire extinguisher, not one of those $5.00 ones from WalMart of Home Depot. Look in the yellow pages under fire extinguishers and buy one for your equipment and pay about $65.00 or so, the fire you put out could save you several thousand bucks.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Kevin

Yeah old buddy you're right! It seems like I'm always cutting or burning myself on something. Smart thinking!

S

Steve@STATELINE P/W

Hey Jon, You make a good point, I have a first aid kit behind the seat in my truck and it comes in handy. The company I used to work for said that it was mandatory that all company trucks on a jobsite have a fire extinguisher. He said it was one of OSHA's many rules. I personally think it is a good one.

Steve

G

Glenn

Been thinking of the fire extinguisher, just haven't took the time yet.
Glenn

Jon

First let me say I was not in anyway saying anyone is dumb or stupid here.

As you notice I did say I was included with this subject. Had not kept up my first aid training in years, so I am guilty there!

OK I have recieved a few Emails on this subject so let me go a bit deeper.

How to get First Aid training:

White pages under Red Cross or American Red Cross, call and ask them when their next first aid class will be, sign up for it. There sometimes is a charge but well worth it, also consider having all your employees take the class too!

Can also call your local fire Department and ask if they provide it.

Fire Extinguisers: Yellow pages under Fire Extinguisers. They can tell you which ones aer best for you, different ones for different fires, oil, gas (liquid) natural gas etc. Those cheap ones from WalMart are not going to do the job.

Now I have had years of first aid training when I was active as a Scout leader. If you are involved with the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts they provide First Aid training.

I do carry a first aid kit in my truck but plan to get a larger one. I am buying that fire extinguisher next week too.

Now one of the Emails mentioned OSHA, I am sure their requirments for things are there, call and ask what they require or recommend.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Jon on May 26, 2000 ]</font>

M

Mike@Everclear

I have both a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit on board......just forgot to put them on the list!
smile.gif

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Our Sponsors