chemicals for Stucco/mystery wood siding

Elizabeth

Hi Friends:

I have a pressurewashing job on a house - the front side is stucco - other 3 sides painted wooden boards that don't look like cedar???

I'm gonna stop at Home Depot and use their siding solution -

anyone out there wanna stop me? - is their something better -

need advice tonight or by 6:00 am - Saturday

Thanks,

Elizabeth

oneness

Elizabeth:

The next time you need advice quickly, do a search on this and other boards. There is a very good chance that anything you're asking about has been discussed at length already. If you did go buy the Home depot stuff, a search here could have saved you a good bit of money. The home depot stuff runs somewhere around $8.00/gallon....A good housewash mix you can make yourself would run you less than $1.00/gallon, and it will work much much better than the crap home depot sells.

The basic mix for me is 1 gallon of pool chlorine, 1 gallon of D-Limonene, 2 gallons of a good soap mix (There are several mentioned on this board, Mark sells several, other vendors sell others), a good squirt of Dawn, about an ounce of liquid carwash wax, and some Cascade spot-free rinse additive, and top off with water. That's a 5 gallon bucket of house wash that costs me less than $4.00 total. Credit for this goes to ronp.

Like I said, if you need information quickly, a search should allow you to find what you're looking for

WFSTOTT

Mike,

What is the purpose of adding that liquid car wax to that cleaning solution?

Where do you get your D-Limoneneand how much does it cost?

Also, how much Cascde spot free do you put in a 5 gallon container?

Mike Hughes

Originally posted by WFSTOTT

Also, how much Cascde spot free do you put in a 5 gallon container?

I know you weren't talking to me, but I usually add four or five generous squirts of "Pure Rinse" Liquid Cascade into my five gallon mixture. I never measure it.

oneness

Depending on what you're washing, the wax leaves a shine, makes things look better. I wouldn't use it if I were washing brick or something that it isn't going to help. It works great on painted siding, vinyl siding, and other painted surfaces depending on the type of paint.

I agree with Mike H., just a couple good squirts, I don't measure. Rarely do I measure anything in this mix...You get to where you can guesstimate how much a gallon is in a 5 gallon bucket. As far as mixing your own Oxalic Acid, Percarbonate cleaner, etc, I do measure.

I get the D-Limonene from a distributor who can't be named here, but if you email me I'll be happy to tell you. It runs me about $80.00 for a 55 gallon drumkit. Works out a lot cheaper than the Home Depot citrus cleaner and it works better too.

Our Sponsors