New members we need your help.

metrowash1

Hello All

I'm new around here. I use to work for a guy in Memphis,TN back in the early 90's doing auto detailing. I really liked the work and kept at it for a few years. Finally I got an offer to go back to working a 40 hour week with insurance and the usual benefits. That lasted until December 31st, 2005 when I left my job. I've planned on starting a pressure washing business for about 6 months, looked here and there at different cold-water machines (knew that was all I could afford at first), even spent some time really looking at the mold and mildew growing on houses, decks, etc.

My first pressure washer arrives tomorrow and I am really pumped up. Got my proof of buisiness insurance today with the typical $1,000,000 and $300,000 coverages. Tax # from the State is on the way, then open a business checking account. I have ads in 2 nearby newspapers, one rather small and one very large. They have only been running 2 days. One of the newspapers had the ad way off center and some wording incorrect, so they will get that straight today.

Anyway, that's how I got interested basically. I forgot to add my dad but the first coin operated hi-pressure car wash way back in 1976 in a little town called Marion,AR. Its funny how things have changed since then.

uncalled4

just my intro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi..Jim here..brand new to this..a short bio...joined Air Force '54-63...Post office '63-'92...did gunsmithing '70-'80...owned a video store '90-2000...as u can see, i dont sit still...rented a power washer last summer, am hooked on it..will be starting up in the spring...have a honda gas 2600 Psi, just raring to go...anyone one want to give me any tips, feel free..
me2.jpg

H

Hack

Introducing Myself

Hey Guys, I'm Brad Hacker, friends call me Hack. I started a pressure washing company part time last year called PowerHouse Pressure Washing. I am currently in the process of getting ready to go full time. I like to wash houses, Tractors and trailers, flatwork, etc... For my equipment I have two washers mounted on a 6.5'X16 with honda engines, ladder racks, tool box on the front, two hose reels, cox reel & my favorite, a Reelcraft. I am currently talking with several trucking companies about their fleet accounts. You guys have helped me troumendously just by reading old posts. Thanks for all your advice.

D

dustij

Hi! My name is Dusti and I am a truck driver. (CURENTLY) And I stared to look in to pressure washing. I Live in Surprise, Az. Any one know how the biz is out this way? I was looking to start out by doing some drive ways, and some trucks in our yard. But it seems like I really need to have a hot water setup for that.

I borrowed my bosses power washer it was a 2600psi. But I could not find the GPM. And I played with my driveway. It did not even touch the oil spots but it did get the rest of the driveway pretty clean. (but Im not going for pretty clean) Any ways will I be able to start of with a cold water unit if I get a surface cleaner also? And also what is the min. PSI., GPM. I should even look at. I really would like to do this and I just need some insight. Thanks For all your help!!!!!!!
Dusti [hello]

D

Dave Ott

Welcome Dusti

If you use the search function at the top of the page you will find your answers. The questions you ask have been asked many times. You will find a wealth of information on this board. Just type keywords in the search function and you won't be dissapointed.

Then when you still can not find an answer ask away and we will all be here to help. Now start filling that note pad.

Dave

Paverguy

New Guy

Hi guys,

I am starting up a new part of my company this year which includes pressure washing decks. My company right now involves cleaning and sealing of Interlocking brick paver driveways, walkways, and patios. I am new to the deck business though and would like to get some insite on pricing. I have all the equipment necessary to do the work, including numerous powerwashers from 2500-4000 psi, including a 3000 psi heated powerwasher. Could you give some insite on what kinds of sealers you would recommend? Plus I would be curious on the pricing for cleaning and sealing a deck? Thank you for the help and I look forward to your responses.

CaroliProWash

Hi Paverguy - welcome to the bbs!

You're going to do some serious gear changing going from cleaning a surface such as a paver or concrete to working with wood! Use the search feature on the task bar above using keywords like wood, wood stripping, wood staining to see some of the key differences. Pricing will vary according to what you're removing, what you're subsequently applying and what your location is.

Our phone is always on if you want to give a call!

Celeste

delam

Howdy!

[hello] My name is Doug and I live in Twin Falls, Idaho. I am starting a business in which I will be using a power washer a lot. I am going to be restoring exterior wood such as decks and cedar shake roofs. I need a little help in the bidding department though. How to include products, labor and such. Any help would be very welcome to this newby! Glad I found you and I am looking foward to chatting with every one. [white]

HoseHead

Intro

Howdy all,
1st post. Glad to find this website. 26 year telecom veteran, laid off last fall. Too old to start over in corporate America. Collecting equipment and
info. Researching- and you all are a gold-mine. Wore out this page as a lurker
before registering.
HoseHead

W

Work2Fish

Hello Everyone,

My Name Is Chris,and My Wife And I Have A Small Pw Company That We Are Trying To Build Up. We Originally Started As A Mobile Detailing Outfit,but Was Handed A Large Job And We Have Been Hooked Ever Since. I Am Glad I Found This Site, Because It Is Tough To Meet Honest People In This Business Here In Florida. I Havent Had Much Luck Finding More Than A Weekend Warrior. I Know There Out There, But Until I Find Them Im Glad To Be Here.

Chris
Coles Classic Detail
407-427-8735
Altamonte Springs, Fl

mountainaire

Yet another newby

Hey all. Like others, I've been lurking for quite a while before finally introducing myself. My name is Dennis and I'm in Knoxville. I have used small pressure washers these past couple years cleaning decks and family members' houses and found I enjoy the work. I want to work for myself and keep my summer and fall schedule flexible as I'm part of an emergency response team that gets called out on national emergencies (fires/hurricanes). I'd like to work alone to avoid the workman comp stuff but I'm not sure how this is going to work. It may be hard to get a business off the ground if it turns out to be a bad year for wildfires. I can't control that part. What I can control is doing quality work and getting good references. I've found this goldmine of information here and I've learned a lot already. But like anything else, the more I learn, the more I realize I need to know. I would like to see these banners at the top of the page that are referred to so often. I don't see any. I have a lot of questions about chemicals and where to obtain good professional cleaners. I have this nightmare of using the wrong stuff on a house and screwing it up and having a real mess on my hands. I want to stick with residential work - houses, decks and driveways. I'm hoping to pick up a 13 hp honda, 4gpm, 3700 psi unit within the next 2 weeks (it's all I can afford at this time) and see how far I can take this. I'm excited and happy to listen to any advice you "old timers" can give a newby. Thanks.

Our Sponsors