New members we need your help.

Motor City

So new we haven't even picked a name yet!!!

I worked with a friend last year on the weekends that was nice enough to show me some of the business and now I want to start my own PW company here in Michigan. I am in the process of getting ready to buy the trailer and a 5.5gpm@3500psi Hot Honda motor along with most of the other needed equipment needed to do a quality job. I am interested in doing some truck fleets, house washing, surface cleaning, roof cleaning, deck restoration and some commercial. The problem is that public perception for the need of PW's here in Michigan is very low, alot of people have not heard or have no real need to get there homes or store fronts cleaned. So it looks like it will be a real uphill battle but I am cut out for it after 12yrs in car sales, convincing people what they do and don't need for a car. Shane

ASand03

Hi all!
Thanks for a great site! I look forward to learning and contributing as I can. I'm somewhat new to the business. I'm doing the research and planning right now to start a PW business in WV later this spring. I have a lot of experience in detailing aircraft back in college and want to incorporate that knowledge into a PW business. Adam

See-It-Clean

Hey Guys my name is Phil Richardson 20 years old, my Father and I have owned a Power Washing Company for the past 2 years. He was recently killed by a drunk driver on the way home from work and I have taken over everything. We mainly wash semi fleets. Work is going well and I am pretty knowledgable. Thanks for the informative forums.

Phil Richardson
See-It-Clean

grasshawg

Sorry about your Dad. You're young, but you've been at this two years already. He must've taught you not to take any crap from anyone. You know how everything works, just go out there and make it happen.
People will try to take advantage of your youth, expecting you not to know any better. You can turn that around to your advantage.
Positive thoughts, man. Take care.

D

Dave Ott

Phil
Give us a call if we can answer any questions or help. Most of all welcome to the board.

mas3372

just starting out

Hello,

I am considering to start a pressure washing company here in Rhode Island. I have checked the yellow pages and have seen that there are limited companies to offer such a service. I am a full time firefighter looking for a part time gig to make some extra cash. However, I need some help with equipment and where and how to learn the basics.

I am currently forming a LLC and obtaining Ins.

Any help would be great.

1. I am looking to offer my service to anyone, probally target residential to get some experience but would not turn down commercial business. I am considering a 3000psi 4 gpm 13 hp hot water system by skid or tow behind. Or perhaps a high quality cold water system with the option of adding on a heater down the road... Any advise here?

2. What other equipment will I need, ie, tips, hose, tank, etc.

3. Where can I find some information online regarding cleaning practices?

4. Is there a specific chemical brand that is prefered, do I need lots of kinds or are there all-purpose types.

5. In general, how difficult of a profession is pressure washing. Is this somthing anyone could typically learn. I am a very intelligent person and I am confident I can learn this, just curious how difficult it may be

6. the only local pressure washer dealer in my area sells Hotsy, good brand? Any thought.

C J Pressure

New Guy on board

My name is C J. and I am from Orlando, Florida. I a just starting out so I may need help every now and then. Hopefully there are some locals on this board. 8by6 trailor. 13hp 4gpm 3000 unit. 9hp 3gpm 3200 unit, surface boy, 200g tank.
I need help on landing some contracts.
Jcourtney499@aol.com

shakky

Hi all my name is Keith I live in Canada.Working by myself retired from Canadian Armed Forces served for 15 years and I know how to clean lol.Been looking for a site like this for months.You all have great information and looking forward in talking to you all.Looking to go bigger in our industry and with all your advice I feel I can go in the right direction.Going to be around for a while so if you need something or I can help out somewhere please e mail me at shakky2@hotmail.com
As I know i'll be looking for information from you all.
BE SAFE [hello]

Darkhorse

Michael Darkhorse Blackburn

Hello everybody name is Michael here,just starting out in the power wash bizz,im over here in Tennessee.thought my introduction went through before apparently not s,so howdy all.glad to be here.glad to learn thanks.MLB

Revive

Revive powerwashing Inc.

I haven't seen any posts from Canadians. I have had a pressure washing business in the Toronto area for a few years. I stumbled across this site a couple weeks ago and have returned to look quite a few times. I think I'm hooked. Seems like you guys like sharing ideas and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.
Richard
Oakville ,Ont

GCSurfer

Hey everyone,

I'm also new to this board and hope to soon be in the pressure washing business for myself.

Thanks

Paverguy

your preference

Which do you guys like the best? TWP 100 series or 500 series. What are the difference between the two?

Thanks,

TC

S.L.Alt

I would like to take this chance to introduce myself. My name is Scott and I have been pressure washing for 5 years. This year I decided I will make a run of it as a business. I specialize in exterior wood restoration (decks,fences and cedar siding) but I also do other things as well. I an located in Northern Virginia about 60 miles from Washington D.C.

moon61

Hi, Never joined a forum before so please bare with me and excuse my spelling. My names Mike. Im trying to get to know as much about PW before I decide to place my first ad. I have to try and supplement my income. I have a job that leaves me plenty of time to start a second job. I have enjoyed using a PW on my own home and now I want to see if I can get paid doing it for someone else.I hope I enjoy this forum.

Mike

Our Sponsors