New members we need your help.

vinniemac

Hello All

HEY,

I AM INTERESTED IN SELLING A COMPLETE SET-UP. IS IT OK TO SELL HERE? AND WHERE DO I POST IT?

THANKS,

VINNIEMAC [white]

PRESSUREIT

New Here

HELLO MY NAME IS SCOTT ME AND MY FATHER OWN AND OPERATE A PRESSURE WASHER SALES / SERVICE DEALER SHIP IN MARYLAND I HAVE BEEN IN THE BUISNESS FOR 17 YEARS SO IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH I WOULD BE GLAD TO DO SO ALSO I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE AS TO WHAT WOULD MAKE POWER WASHING EASIER FOR YOU GUYS SO THAT I MIGHT SERV MY CUSTOMERS BETTER
THANK YOU
SCOTT

Welcome to the board scott,please read the rules

Last edited by a moderator:

PetersonDecks

introduce

Hey guys
This is John Peterson of Peterson Deck Restoration in Minneapolis. I am a teacher/coach during the school year and wash and stain decks during the summer. a fantastic balance for me and always enjoy talking with other contractors. I have been washing and staining for 6 years and finally decided to start my own business.

kel

Hello, I have a little pressure washing business here in SW Missouri. Right now I clean big trucks. I'm looking to expand into house, deck and possibly kitchen exhaust cleaning. So I'll probably be asking a lot of questions.

lelak

Any response

Hello,
My name is Lela Keller and I too am just starting a pressure washing company in Houston, TX. I have many of the same questions as you and was wondering if anyone happen to respond to your questions? If so, would you mind sharing that information with me?

I too would like to set up and LLC to protect my personal assets. Can you give me any advice on how to go about setting that up? How much does it cost?

Thanks for your time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

mas3372 said:
Hello,

I am considering to start a pressure washing company here in Rhode Island. I have checked the yellow pages and have seen that there are limited companies to offer such a service. I am a full time firefighter looking for a part time gig to make some extra cash. However, I need some help with equipment and where and how to learn the basics.

I am currently forming a LLC and obtaining Ins.

Any help would be great.

1. I am looking to offer my service to anyone, probally target residential to get some experience but would not turn down commercial business. I am considering a 3000psi 4 gpm 13 hp hot water system by skid or tow behind. Or perhaps a high quality cold water system with the option of adding on a heater down the road... Any advise here?

2. What other equipment will I need, ie, tips, hose, tank, etc.

3. Where can I find some information online regarding cleaning practices?

4. Is there a specific chemical brand that is prefered, do I need lots of kinds or are there all-purpose types.

5. In general, how difficult of a profession is pressure washing. Is this somthing anyone could typically learn. I am a very intelligent person and I am confident I can learn this, just curious how difficult it may be

6. the only local pressure washer dealer in my area sells Hotsy, good brand? Any thought.

grasshawg

lelak, Don't restrict yourself by relying on one source of information, or worse yet, one person's experience.
Take the time and make the effort to search this bb by using the search feature at the top. Just type in your key words and sit back and do a lot of reading.
There's a ton of information here that will be helpful. I'm a newbie myself, but I'm learning fast, thanks to the many professionals here.
You will find many different opinions here. You'll just have to see what works best for you.
You'll likely find the answers to many of your questions on your own. If not, feel free to ask away.
Most of all, welcome, and best of luck to you.
Randy

zshropshire

getting to know you

What,s gettin washed yall well I just wanted to say thanks for the board and I appricieate the helpful input. I just started a mobile power wash with the hopes of getting a fleet acct. to get me started a friend who is a truck driver is helping me get in the door hopefuly if the power wash gods are with me I will get ths a sustsain it I am a solo op but can get a helper if needed.thanks for a place to post

G

greasey

grreasey

My name is Doug & I am a greaser. I've been in the fire & safety field for 15 yrs & cleaning hoods well over 10. I got out of the hood cleaning biz for 5 yrs & got back in 2 yrs ago. It's hard to keep up with all the work we have. I have 3 hot water rigs & cover the western part of NC & SC

L

lightning

hello all

just a quick hello. Im working on starting a biz in washington state...if there are any in washington willing to give advice ,it would be much apresiated

G

greasey

hi neughbor

CaroliProWash said:
Hi Casey,

We're right down here in NC - also a husband/wife team working similarly to how you're describing your set up. Give me a call anytime :) 336-261-3051

Celeste
Doug/owner/DC Services; located in Mocksville, NC. Been back into the hoodcleaning biz 2+yrs after 5yr hiatus. I service from Fuquay Varina to Anderson SC. I am new to posting on this board but not new to the biz. My bro. owners Carolina Fire Systems & I do all there cleanings(1500) clients. Feel free to contact me 3364926517, mobile 3364061568

JB Powerwash

Hi Everyone

Hi All,

My name is Steve and i am just starting my business ( Residential ) my wife is helping me with the phone part anyway. Doing it part time for now but have plenty of time off to do it full time hopefully. I am sure i will be asking lots of questions on here so thanks in advance..

PressureWave

Introduction

Well Im new to the business this year and I look forward to learning all that I can and getting this business off the ground. I have spent the last twelve years in the military and decided enough was enough. I have some experience in pressure washing, but I am eager to learn as much as I can. This is a great site and I thank you all for sharing your expertise. [hello]

Spray Tech

I'm new here so be gentle

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. My Name is Allen, I live in SW Michigan. I have been in business for a couple years mainly doing residentials deck, siding, fences wash and reseal. I am here to learn and help out anyone else if I can. Thanks for running such a nice site and I look forward to talking to everyone and sharing success stories.

Allen

DaDuke

Greetings from the Great White North

Just joined this great forum,
Am from Calgary, Alberta Canada and have been tasked with running a Powerwashing arm of a construction company. So far so good.

Just sayin Hi to all the fellow washers out there !

DaDuke

DTARPON

HEY. I HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE. THIS IS YEAR 20. JUST FOUND YOU ON LINE AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO INTERACTING WHITH OTHER PEOPLE IN THE BUSINESS. WE DO MOSTLY RESIDENTIAL. BACK IN THE BEGINNING [hello] WE STRIPPED HOMES WITH CHEMICALS BUT GOT AWAY FROM THAT BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE REGS. ANT THING YOU WANT TO KNOW JUST ASK AND MAYBE I CAN HELP. OR YOU CAN HELP ME. THANKS DAN [hello]

Yosemite Sam

New to Power Washing

Been doing different kinds of cleaning, with the focus on window cleaning, but have just started power washing in Virginia.

Our Sponsors