What brand of Hot Water unit do you have and how would you rate it.

ALL-BRITE

I am looking for my first new Hot water unit and I want to do as much homework as possible.
Dealers say one thing but guys in the field are the ones who actually know.
So I want to take a little survey to find out what kind of hot water unit you have and how you would rate the unit. 1- Excellent 2- Average 3- poor
And any other info that you may want to ad to help me determine what unit to go with. Thanks in advance for the info I know that others would benefit from it also.
Thanks again Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

Jon

Tim I have an expensive unit, All American top of the line and love it.

I know most want to pay a lot less and with that in mind you also need to consider how much you want to spend.

Guys n gals, when giving Time your answers why not let him know the price range you paid so he can better judge his options.

Tim, mine was int the $8,000 range, like I said top unit they make, 18 gallon tanks also.

If I were to do it again I think get two less expensive units. Reason is simple, 2 for less and with a helper can do get more work done at the same time, one guy using surface cleaner, other follows with wand.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited August 31, 2000).]

H

Hotwaterwizard

You might want to look at the problem boards post called (Hot Water Washer Info). Just take a look at the pictures! Also on this board see the post (Want a new Hot/cold unit What Should I buy)

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board<u>(.Hot Water Washer Info)</u><u>(Want a new Hot/cold unit What Should I buy)</u>

[This message has been edited by Hot Water Wizard (edited August 31, 2000).]

J

Jim&Shirley

We have Elite machine around $5,000 here. We love them, we had one for almost 3 years and then got an upright but didn't really like it. We traded it in on another horizontal exactly like our first. Only problem we have ever had was the transformer went out on a weekend.

Our machines can be converted to carry 2 wands each or changed to steam even. 3000psi 18 hsp vangards cat pumps 5 gpm

Be sure to check out all your options, the one you are thinking about may be able to be converted too.

Jim & Shirley

------------------

Dave Olson

Hi Tim,

Our primary unit is out of the oil field industry. It is kinda pricey but it does an excellent job. This link will show you a picture of the back of our truck http://www.tps-inc.com/gmcbk.jpg The pump is on the right side and boiler is on the left behind the electric control panel.

The components that I am looking for in a new machine is:
Belt drive, with the lowest possible rpm – Our Wheatley runs at only 485 rpm, has 1-1/8â€￾ plungers. It has Teflon packing so we can run it hot! The Wheatley pump alone is around $4000.

BTU output of boiler at least 100,000 BTU per gpm. We prefer a high volume pump (8-10 gpm). I am currently looking at stand-alone boilers that are around 1,000,000 BTU. Prices are in the $7,000 range.

You are not to far from us, come on down and I’ll show you some of our toys!

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

J

Jim&Shirley

Tim,

Check out my post on wizard's board about how much pressure do you really need?

May be useful.

Jim & Shirley

------------------

Bryan

Hi Tim,

Brands of pressure washers really don't mean much. It is the components which you want on your pressure washer that are important. Most components are pretty standard, however, the big items are the things you should be concerned with. Namely, the engine and the pump. We run Honda engines. The best small engine made. We run CAT pumps. They are the most durable and easy to work on. The down side to CAT pumps are the replacement parts are quite expensive. But we believe they are cost effective and worthwhile over the General and other various pumps. You can order any pump or engine you want with most manufacturers. Whether it be Landa, Alkota, Epps, etc., they will all accomodate you with the components you want and just adjust the price of your pressure washer. Do your research. Talk to Hotwaterwizard on this board for more detailed information. Good luck to ya!!!!! Lots of stuff to clean out there.
Bryan

------------------
Bryan

H

Hotwaterwizard

Bryan is 100% right.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Scootermannn

Hello from Portland!

We use a Landa cold water commercial pressure washer. We worked into getting a Rahsco hot water burner from ***** . We have the RH4400 190 degree electrical/diesel hot water burner.

We bought it for $1400.00 (including freight to Portland). This burner works AWESOME!

This enabled us to work into hot water and utilize our initial investment. We clean heavily weathered awnings up here in Portland with it (it rains ALOT here so dirty awnings are plentiful here).. The hot water is the only way to clean these awnings we found quickly and efficiently!

One other note: The burner sounds awesome when it's on! It's like a jet engine/mega bass sound which just pulls people out of their stores to check out what the cool noise is coming from (people are always interested to see what's going on...) They see this great Rahsco forest green hot water burner booming away and they look up at our great awning cleaning taking place. It's turned out to be an excellent marketing too because it's a real production we put on!

------------------
brian donaldson

rvagnoni

Tim,

Not sure if you are still looking but I have a friend here in PA who is selling his business and equipment. I can tell you because I worked with him that it is some nice stuff. Well taken care of. If you are interested call me at (610) 584-7896

Rick
Deck Care Plus

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus

AranServices

I now have 2 skid mount units.

First one is

a Landa Platinum series belt drive w/generator. Has the steam valve!

Second one is also a skid mount ***** (the Vortex [53g or something like that]) It's a 12 volt burner - NO steam!

Personally Speaking -

I like the generator & steam feature on the Landa!

With a belt driven generator the battery is not a bother.
The STEAM FEATURE does a faster & easier job of cleaning the windows on a house. Windows are important!

Personally - I think a skid mount is the best way to go if you plan to grow! You don't really need to worry about someone fastening it down right when the are loading up.

Don't get me wronge - I like my ***** - just that my Landa is my baby!

something to think about -- If it looks easy to set up - others are going to try!

I just picked up my 3 year old ***** (I think it had a WHOLE (GRIN) 83 hours on it. It came with a 250 gal. tank that even had a waterpic house filter attached to it! It came with a horizontal scrubber, and 2 pivoting 200 foot hose reels with hoses - 4 wands - 3 guns - and another X-jet! ...plus a bunch of other stuff --- all loaded on a 14 foot trailer.

The guy spent aboutR $16,000.00 on this three years ago and couldn't make it work! People beat him up on his pricing!
Just be sure what you are doing and know that you have the stuff it takes to succeed!
If you are half hearted about it RUN!!! Run Fast! Run Hard! Run Away!

There is another trailer set up in this area for sale too! It was bought with a second morgage on a home!

They too, should have run!

Good Luck!

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!

E-MAIL: aran@bellsouth.net
Our URL: http://easypath.to/pressurewashing

Our Sponsors