i need some feed back

S

sanchzy

Guest
#1
hi, im a 24 year old guy who just got out of the A/C business and im thinkin about doin somthing on my own and thought about starting my own pressure cleaning business . i live in south flordia and think the market is good for this type if business but i was just wonding if it was a good money making job .. and if it was ,whats a averge person make a week doin this kind of work Thank you
 

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
#2
If you were smart you'd stay in the A/C business,I wouldn't be afraid to say 90% in this trade is just get by.
 

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
#4
No its not poor planning,just like you,you think this is a easy make alot of money kind of trade.Planning has alot to do with it tho,everybody and his brother has a powerwasher at lowball prices.Alot of peolpe are more interested in price as to the job done which the lowballers use the cheapest chemicals they can buy.The true professionals in this trade use top dallor chemicals and they take pride in the job.To use the higher priced chemicals and doing the job right takes money which sometimes cost more than the lowballers price.This trade is not protected like the A/C trade is,not everybody and his brother can do A/C work or get into it.

I'd wouldn't be afraid to say the 90% would get into the A/C trade if its was easy to get into.Usually the 90% is out of business in one to two years and out of the other 10% they are I'd say 5% making a good living while the other 5% is getby.

Planning is like going fishing with all the bait you need but come home with a empty cooler.

Alot of area's are over run by weekend warriors and part timers which their overhead cost is hardly none.In alot of cases if you hire help in a few short months they too own their own business.In a few more years with all the job closings I'd say it will be over run to the point you make more money pulling peanuts.I know it will cost more to get into the A/C trade but think thats what you need to do,you already know how.
 
#5
No, I don't want you to get the wrong idea about my intentions. I don't plan on starting myself out any higher than $25K to $30K for my first full year, maybe 2 or 3 depending on how it goes. I have a one year, 3,5, and 10 year goals in mind that I think are highly obtainable in my area, with virtually no competition, allowing my business to grow in size without throwing away all of the profits on myself. This is what I plan to do until retirement, not just next weekend. I have the utmost respect for all of the professionals on this board and the hard work that they do and have enjoyed reading all of your posts for several months now. I also plan on training under a professional and taking the PWNA classes before I go full-time. So thanks to all of you for all of the help you've given me through this post.
 

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
#6
Go for it,I see you have your goals in place and thats what it takes,good luck to you.

I didn't realize not all area's didn't have more than enough powerwashers,better not tell no one where are you will be over run.Usually you do not see every many powerwasher out and about,it seems we are a hidden trade until you get in it.
 
A

anthony szabo

Guest
#8
This business is like the lawn mowing business! Everyone does it!

Its a low cost start-up and everyone does it. You must put youself and your business above the rest and offer the best service possible. You do all this by experience and education. You need experience and education in marketing, office work, washing, insurance, equipment, chemicles, accesories, and when to use them and not to use them. I know there must be much more information before you need to get started, but Larry is right if you do not do you home work and educate yourself the correct way you will be out of business in 18 months. You will have blemished your name and the trade.

Please think much more beyond the $500 pressure washer in the back of the pick-up type operation, because it will not last long. If this is your passion and long life career goals then you must do it. If this is something that you been thinking about because you seen another person doing it, well........
it might not be the best move. You must follow your passion in order to make the best career for yourself.
 

Our Sponsors

Top